Our team of highly skilled construction underwriters understands the particular needs of businesses in this industry, and works closely with our risk control experts to create customized solutions for projects large and small. We work collaboratively with experts across our global organization to serve customers in this dynamic sector.
Course of Construction (Contract Works/Builder's Risk)
- Versatile property coverage for physical damage to a construction project
- Optional coverage for testing and commissioning and Equipment Breakdown Insurance
- Broad list of coverage extensions
- Delay In Start-Up Insurance covering a project owner’s loss of income as a direct result of insured physical damage resulting in a delay in project completion
- Extensions of coverage available.
- Comprehensive liability coverage for all participants in a construction project, including bodily injury and property damage, personal injury, medical payments, and tenants’ legal liability
We place a strategic focus on where we win.
- Industrial, commercial and institutional (manufacturing plants, warehouses, offices, hospitals, museums and schools)
- Civil engineering (roads, bridges, dams, tunnels, water/sewer treatment plants)
- Engineering (machinery, transformers, power generation, and renewable energy)
- Recreational (community centres and sports complexes)
- Residential (high-rise)
- Capacity up to $400 million best-in-class for course of construction
- Capacity of up to $25 million for wrap-up liability
We’re here to help answer your questions and tailor an insurance product that works for your client. For more information, contact the following Project Construction team members.
National Underwriting Manager, Project Construction & Renewable Energy
Regional Director, Atlantic
Regional Director, Commercial, Quebec
Regional Director, Ontario
Regional Director, Western
Regional Director, Pacific